One of our highest values at Toucan Together is caring about the whole person. We want to encourage each other to care for themselves and their partner holistically. That means emotionally, physically, socially, mentally, and spiritually. With May being Mental Health Month, we want to focus specifically on the ‘mentally’ bit.
If you’ve read any of our previous material, you know we are big proponents for ‘checking in’ with your partner using the Pulse quiz. Asking specific questions in order to gauge how they are really feeling and how you can work together to keep growing. We also know that it’s just as important to check in with yourself. So we’ve gathered a list of questions for you to ask yourself from idontmind.com.
Take as much time as you need to answer these questions.. Go for a walk, write them down in a journal, or just stare at the horizon while you check in. And be honest. This check in is for you. It’s time to get introspective.
1. How are you feeling today, really? Physically and mentally.
2. What’s taking up most of your headspace right now?
3. What was your last full meal, and have you been drinking enough water?
4. How have you been sleeping?
5. What have you been doing for exercise?
6. What did you do today that made you feel good?
7. What’s something you can do today that would be good for you?
8. What’s something you’re looking forward to in the next few days?
9. What’s something you can do with your partner this week?
10. What are you grateful for right now?
Once you finish your check in you can ask these same questions to your partner, or have them do it for themselves. Then take a few minutes to check in with your relationship by taking the Pulse. The first step to growth and change is to “Know Thyself” and to keep ‘knowing thyself’.
TIP — Toucan Together’s new Growing Module sets up some great conversations about strengthening your relationship as a couple. You’ll discover how to grow together through 5 common relationship challenges; explore 5 ingredients for a thriving relationship and find fresh perspectives for marriage (whether you’re married, living together or dating). You’ll also hear some great real stories from couples talking honestly and openly about their relationships. GET STARTED | LOG IN